Thursday, March 4, 2010

Who is Micah Patrick?

I was looking through old photos on my computer and found this one of my sisters and I. Here is the cropped version of just me. It's hard to believe that was once me. I'm still that same kid with the same inability to flex convincingly (I wish I still had that hat).

People have been asking me about the whole Micah Patrick thing and I thought I'd take this opportunity to address the issue in writing. I'm still Micah Brown. I am proud to bear that name. Patrick is just my middle name. I've decided to use Micah Patrick as my professional (graphic design) name. No need to call me Micah Patrick, Micah will do fine. I'm not planning to make any legal changes to my name.

There are a number of reasons why I have decided to do this. First of all Micah Patrick is a more unique and dynamic name. A first name as a last name just sounds cool to me. I have nothing against my family but Brown is the fourth most common name in the country. Micah Brown specifically is a very common name. There are 263 Micah Browns on myspace and 357 on facebook. There are a number of athletes with the name Micah Brown, a musician, a photographer and even print/ web designer among others. Micah Patrick on the other hand is more unique and the domain was available.

No comments:

Post a Comment