Friday, February 12, 2010

SYFY













I am redesigning SYFY's logo for a school project. SYFY is the new name of the Sci Fi channel as of last July. As part of my redesign I will be once again changing the name of the company. It needs to be something that can be trade marked (their reason for changing to syfy in the first place) and needs to incorporate the three genres that the network has committed to, science fiction, fantasy, and horror.
I've narrowed it down to a couple. I would love feedback on these as well as any other ideas you might have. My instructor is totally OK with us running with other people's ideas so don't hold back.

Fi Net
Fi Net stands for fiction network. It could be done in a number of ways; Fi Net, fi-net, finet, FiNet, FiNET, etc.

Tri Fi
Tri Fi represents the three genres and fiction. Again it could be dealt with in a number of ways; Tri Fi, TriFi, tri-fi, TRIfi, etc.

Tri Net
A combonation of the two. Sound too much like Trimet?

Let me know what you think or give me more ideas.

1 comment:

  1. I'm in favor of tri fi myself. The other two sound like internet companies.

    ReplyDelete